ইন্টানের্টকে বাংলাদেশের অনেক লোক আজো পর্নোগ্রাফির মাধ্যম হিসেবে গন্য করে। LinkedIn বা Facebook এর কার্যক্রমকে ধরা হয়, অলস লোকের কাজ। Power Networking-এর সুবিধাগুলোও এই Post-এ আলোচনা করা হয়েছে।
I have been under pressure from some of my known community that, I don't work and spend most of the time in Facebook and LinkedIn.
Well, there are some people that are like that and actually they are the ones I am having tough time to handle with. Because, people like to evaluate another by what they are. But, a knife's being good or bad varies upon the user.
This pressure is very eminent here is because; most people take internet as a media of pornography and ill entertainment. I even heard internet should be banned in dormitories of DU and BUET. Even the professors were encouraging this move. But, when the teachers started using the Internet, they just went silent. I wonder why they aren’t in the scene now protesting the use of internet in the universities :-)
I try to help almost everyone within my network. This makes about 2-3 mails to my network per week. Some of the colleagues of my wife thought that she was trying to apply for overseas jobs, since they know that LinkedIn is only meant for overseas jobs. This happens when people have very less knowledge about how powerful LinkedIn is.
Through this post, I would like to declare other powers of LinkedIn and Social Media Marketing (SMM):
- The first thing LinkedIn and other Social Media sites (e.g. Orkut, Facebook) provide is your online existence, which is the first and the strongest thing for your online presence
- You can use it as a marketing platform by networking with your target clients (I have introduced 4 clients to my previous company)
- You can use it to create new business relationships and partners (I have introduced a partner for our client)
- You can share experience and get solutions on critical issues sometimes for free from your network, while it could have been costly for you to get a single information (Got information on latest and global practices on pricing, which was not possible from Bangladesh or net searching. The information I got was from a professional.)
- Alternatively, you can use the network in LinkedIn to promote your expertise. If your into service (not products), then the best way to market your service is through expertise promotion and LinkedIn allows you with a good way to do that
- If you have a awareness campaign and you badly need global lobbying of high end professionals, then LinkedIn is the best solutions (I am lobbying with famous marketing professionals throughout the world, so that they can recognize the
’s Internet Marketing Industry’s potentiality) Bangladesh
I request all the Bangladeshi people to come out of the conservative mentality and look at the current world in a positive way. Otherwise, we will always reject free submarine cable connection and pay a large amount when we think that we did a wrong thing.
About the Blogger: Asif Anwar